A remedial massage is a complementary therapeutic technique with an emphasis on treating injury and improving or restoring mobility in athletes. Generally performed by physiotherapists and sports therapists, the goal of a remedial massage is to help the body recover from injuries and improve performance.
At Medisport Clinic, our fully qualified and highly trained remedial massage therapists offer effective and long-lasting treatment to help relieve chronic pain, tension and aches. Whether you're suffering from a sport or workplace injury or simply looking to reduce your stress levels and enhance performance, we can help. Revitalise your body with a remedial massage today.
The benefits of a remedial massage
When you go to a therapist for a remedial massage, they will focus on your problem areas and work to address them to help you feel better. Here are the benefits you can expect from a remedial massage:
- Stimulate blood supply — One of the best benefits of a remedial massage is that it stimulates blood supply, which means your cells can get more nutrients, oxygen and other vital chemicals they need to function correctly. A well-performed remedial massage will help increase blood flow and reduce inflammation in sore areas, allowing you to get back to the gym faster.
- Muscle stabilisation — A remedial massage can ease and stabilise your muscles, allowing for increased flexibility. This is highly sought after in the sporting world, as well as in everyday life. When muscles become too tight, you may experience pain and discomfort, so a regular remedial massage helps prevent this issue.
- Pain management — Remedial massage is often used with other treatments like physiotherapy or acupuncture to help reduce pain and relieve inflammation. It can also be used on its own to create a sense of well-being and relaxation, which may be helpful for people who suffer from chronic pain conditions.
Discover the best remedial massage in Sydney
Medisport Clinic is committed to providing soothing remedial massages with the highest standard of care possible. We take pride in our work and love helping people feel better through our services. Along with remedial massages in Sydney, our clinics offer other massage therapy services like relaxation massage. You may find our clinics in the following locations:
- Remedial massage in Concord — If you're looking for a remedial massage in the Inner west, drop by our flagship centre in Concord.
- Remedial massage in Crows Nest — If you need a North Shore remedial massage, our Crows Nest centre will be a more convenient location for you.
Experience the Medisport Clinic's difference
Medisport Clinic is a trusted centre for professional remedial massage in Sydney. Our expert team, led by Doctor Walid Kesserwani, provides the safest and most professional hands-on treatment practices.
Medisport Clinic comprises the most qualified and experienced chiropractors and therapists in Sydney, and we are committed to providing the best possible care for our patients. Book an appointment today and reap the benefits of remedial massage.
What is a remedial massage?
A remedial massage is a supplemental therapy to rehabilitate injured, tight or stiff muscles. One of its primary objectives is identifying and treating injured areas of the body and applying precise pressure to accelerate natural healing. Remedial massage is loved among athletes, bodybuilders and those who have highly physical occupations.
How does a remedial massage work?
A remedial massage works with a combination of hands-on techniques and specific exercises. The therapist will use various methods, including stretching, deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy and joint mobilisation. They'll also use the appropriate amount of pressure based on your pain level and tolerance.
How often should one get a remedial massage?There are no set rules for how often a person should get a remedial massage. Generally, going for one every month or every quarter is beneficial. However, if you feel like your body is holding on to tension or feeling pain or soreness, it might be time for a remedial massage. Athletes who need to recuperate after a competition or rigorous training tend to go for a remedial massage more frequently.